Thursday, May 12, 2016

Target Beauty Box May 2016 Review

I got an email from Target earlier this month that their May 2016 Beauty Box was now available.
I had read about the box from other blogs, so I figured I'd give it a shot.


Target launches their Beauty Boxes once a month and in order to get one, you have to be quick, since they sell out within 12-24 hrs. I believe they launch one every first Monday of the month.

The Target Beauty Box isn't a subscription box like the Ipsy or Birchbox ones, so you have to order each one individually online, they are not sold in stores. The price per box is usually around $10, 
I believe April 2016 box was $7. The May 2016 box cost $10 and included free shipping.


The box arrived in my mailbox and basically it's just the actual beauty box wrapped in plastic. Seemed sturdy enough though, since nothing had broken in the box.


May 2016 Beauty Box included the following products:

  • Andalou Age Defying Night Repair Cream
  • Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream
  • Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream
  • CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
  • L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Lip Pen
  • Burt’s Bees Facial Cleansing Oil
  • Hair Food Kiwi Dry Shampoo
  • L’Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze Towelettes
  • Derma E Firming DMAE Moisturizer
There was also a $3 off of $15 coupon for beauty purchases online or in stores. I believe you can use this when ordering the next beauty box. 

  • Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream 3ml/0.1oz
  • L’Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes – Medium Natural Tan (one towelette)
These were the smallest samples, but I'll definitely use the Egyptian Magic sample. I've been wanting to try it for a while now, since I've heard good things about it. I might also try the towelette on my legs just to see what it's like. I have extremely fair skin, so I don't have high hopes :)



  • Burt’s Bees Oil Basic Cleansing Facial Cleanser 29,5ml/1oz
  • CeraVe Unscented Foaming Facial Cleanser 14ml/0.5oz
These are perfect travel sized items, so I'm probably going to take them with me next month when I'm traveling. The CeraVe cleanser seems more to my liking, but I'm going to give the Burt's Bees oil a chance too. I had to check the instructions for the oil online on Target.com, and apparently you "Dispense product into dry hands. Gently massage over dry face. Wet hands and gently massage product onto face. Rinse thoroughly; pat dry." 

  • Derma E Firming DMAE Moisturizer 14g/0.5oz
  • Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream 20ml/0.6oz
  • Andalou Naturals Resveratrol Q10 Night Repair Cream 12ml/0.4oz
I'm really excited to try the Derma E DMAE, since I've been eyeing it at Sally Beauty Supply. The Laneige moisture cream also looks promising and it's a nice sized sample too. I'll also give the Andalous sample a chance. I'll probably try it on my neck, since the packaging suggests face and neck.

  • Clairol Hair Food Sulfate Free Kiwi Dry Shampoo 50g/1.7oz
I've never really cared for dry shampoos, but I'll definitely try this. It's a nice sized sample too.


  • L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche La Lacque Lip Pen
This was the only makeup item and the only full-sized item in the box. I believe these came in different colors and mine is 203 Lacquerized. I have to say I probably won't use this one, the color is way too bright red for my taste. Bummer.  

All in all I did like this box, mainly because it had so much usable stuff. The lip pen was the only real disappointment, but maybe I'll give it a shot and share a photo on Instagram at some point anyways :)

Hope everyone has been having a beautiful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment