Monday, May 23, 2016

Amazon Beauty Box May 2016 Review

After successfully trying the Target Beauty Box, I decided to check out the Beauty Box by Amazon. Amazon launched a bunch of different sample boxes this month and the beauty box was one them. I think a bunch of the boxes have already sold out, but if you are interested, check here for available boxes. 
I'm not entirely sure how often Amazon launches these boxes, but I think I saw at least a beauty sample box last month as well. The way these Amazon boxes work is that you purchase the box (beauty box was $9.99) and 7 days after the box ships, you get the same amount in credit towards any of the brands in the box. 

Husband ordered the Sports Nutrition sample box, which works the same way. I'll post a photo of that as well, when it arrives. Here's the size of the beauty box.

The Beauty Box was basically just the shipping box, which had taken some hits, but everything inside was intact.

And here's what my beauty box had inside it. I don't know if everyone got the same items, but it did say in the description that samples will vary. Here are the items:

  • L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Original Mascara, Carbon Black, 0.28 oz
  • Mineral Fusion Mascara, Lengthening, Graphite, 0.06 oz
  • L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Sculptor, 360 Brunette, 0.05 oz
  • L'Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation, Nude Beige, 0.06 oz
  • Black 15 In 1 Miracle Hair Treatment, 1 oz
  • Garnier Whole Blends Repairing Shampoo, Honey Treasures, 1.7 oz
  • Garnier Whole Blends Repairing Conditioner, Honey Treasures, 1.7 oz
  • Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Shampoo, Olive Oil, 0.3 oz
  • Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Conditioner, 0.3 oz
I think the Beauty Box by Amazon is a good mix of everything. I will definitely be using the mascaras and I will give the Brow Stylist Sculptor a try, even though it's probably way too dark for me.

I was really excited that I got the Lumi Cushion in W3 Nude Beige, since I've been thinking of getting another Lumi Cushion in a darker shade. I have it in N2, but I feel like I need a slightly darker shade for the summer. If W3 works for me, I'll probably use my $9.99 credit on that.

I will also definitely be using all the shampoos. I'll be traveling this summer and the Garniers are perfect size for carry-on items. My hair is super-hopeless, it truly has a mind of it's own, so I'm also going to try the Black 15in1. I've yet to find a treatment that would work on my hair, but maybe this is the one. Here's to hoping it is!

All in all I'm happy with this box, especially since in the end it won't cost me anything. I'm an avid Amazon shopper and will definitely be using the credit on something.

Wishing everyone a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment